Friday, July 6, 2007

Struggling

I knew it was coming. It always does. I'm in a weightloss slump. I've gained back a couple pounds. In the past, this is where I always manage to give up. I can't let that happen this time. Any words of encouragement, ideas, prayers would be greatly appreciated. One of the biggest struggles is excercise, right now. I have Tyler home a lot, and Hannah has her boys at home more due to summer break, so it's much more difficult to get out and walk (the 100+ temps. don't help, either). Do any of you Moms have any suggestions? A gym is too expensive because of monthly dues combined with childcare costs. I think I have to find something to do at home. I think I will start writing down what I am eating again, too. That should be a good wake-up call. I think just writing about this should help to get me going again. I feel like I have a lot of people to be accountable to :).

5 comments:

Nana said...

Hang in there. You know we all support your efforts and are with you when things do not go as well as you would like. Writing down what you eat sounds like a good idea. I wish I was there to help you get out a little more. Maybe exercize videos?? Love you!!

Scott said...

Hi Amanda,
I'm proud of you for setting healthy goals and for seeking accountability. I know that's tough, but it's a key to success! God didn't make us to be individuals, we need each other for support and encouragement! I'm sure you can meet whatever goal you set out for yourself. I've really enjoyed reading about your family while I've been away. I'm sure just chasing after Tyler all day must be equivalent to a 3-mile run! Once the twins are moving, you'll be up to 9 miles a day! What a great built-in excercise program!
-S.

GoughRMAK said...

Hi Amanda,

I write down what I eat and it helps. It helps me not snack at night, if I overdid it during the day. I do several shows from Fit TV. I just ordered a Biggest Loser 2 workout dvd from Wal-mart online for less than $10. It is good.

Also, being out in the heat, or exercising outdoors will add water weight.

:) Mel

Auntie Mo said...

Manda,
For sure write down what you are eating - that will help keep you accountable.
Try not to eat after 6pm, do crunches like crazy and have Tyler hold your feet. I bought one of those exercise balls at Target that you can sit on and 2 10lb. weights and I workout for at least 1/2 hour doing crunches and lifting the weights.
Ummmm...let me think....have you ever thought of going to a garage sale and picking up an exercise bike?
Keep it up - this slump will pass!

60 toes said...

You can do it. It is hard work but don't get down on yourself.

I enjoy a diet Coke for a yummy treat when I want to splurge, all of my blog readers are laughing because they know I am addicted. :)

Keep moving, walking, running, chasing toddlers. Sometimes just changing exercise routines will get you out of your slump.

One more thing, with weight training you may appear to gain a few pounds but you will raise your metabolism and lose inches. Keep this in mind.

Don't lose sight of the goal not only being on the scale but on overall health and a leaner fitter you.

We are rooting for you!!!

-Charlotte