Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Meet Tyler and Emily....



No, not that Tyler and Emily........This Tyler and Emily:




In case you can't tell what they are from the pics, they are two caterpillars we found in the yard and are attempting to keep alive long enough to see cacoons and resulting moths (at least I think that's what they will turn into). Also, in case you didn't know, Tyler named them. Emily is the big one and is named after Tyler's best friend from church and daycare. She is the big caterpillar because she is older and therefore "big." We've actually already managed to kill one caterpillar. Thankfully, that one didn't have a name. If we are successful in caring for these caterpillars, we will be moving onto something a bit bigger in the next month. Let's just say that Tyler and Emily (the caterpillar Tyler and Emily) could be food for our next animal adventure. I know.....I've got your interests peeked. But I'm not sharing just yet :).
O.K. babies are crying, so time to go. Oh, and by the way. Hannah and I had a wonderful two hour dinner at a French restaraunt in Paso Robles (Panolivo). I can't say Erik and Jan had nearly as much fun. Ashley cried the entire two hours I was away and Aiden cried almost that, except when he was eating a bottle and finally fell asleep. Ashley has decided she does not like bottles anymore. Yikes! We will be working on that. James, the other baby (almost two months old), was sympathy crying as well. What fun! Erik asked me if next time we could go to lunch instead :).

2 comments:

Nana said...

I'm sorry that the first run at the guys watching everybody didn't go better. Lunch away from home would still be good. I guess the trick is working with the princess on the bottle. I know from expereince how that can go though.

Ken said...

Howdy! I'm checkin' this out. I'll be chimmin' in from now and then. Leanna and I are there for you, from time to time:)