Sunday, May 20, 2007

Prayer Quilts



My church has a very cool ministry group of women who sew prayer quilts. Usually, the quilts are made to give to someone who is very ill. The quilts are presented duing a church service where the pastor and congregation pray for the person who is ill. Also, the quilters place strings all over the qulilts that have not yet been tied. After the service, people are asked to say a prayer for the person and tie one of the knots as a symbol that a prayer has been said. Very cool!!




Anyways, today at church, Aiden and Ashley were presented with "Celebration" prayer quilts for being the newest "members" of our church. It was so awesome seeing so many people pray for our sweet babies. I am very mad at myself because I forgot my camera and didn't get any pictures at church, but I took some when we got home.


2 comments:

Nana said...

How wonderful. The quilts are so very special. What a great church group you have.

Ken & Leanna said...

Man I wish we were there to tie a note for our prayers. Although our Yosemite camping was AWESOME this is/was a special time to celebrate. Rest asured Aiden and Ashley are always in our prayers